OUR Provost’s Professional Experience (PEP) Positions
The Office of Undergraduate Research through the Division of Academic and Student Affairs will begin offering a limited number of positions through the Provost’s Professional Experience in the 2023-2024 academic year.
Faculty mentors will apply for these positions directly through the OUR using the link below.
Note: PEP is only one option for a research assistant position or for becoming involved with research. There are a variety of opportunities, and we encourage you to come to speak with the OUR about what might work for you!
Apply for a PEP Position
- Students MUST be undergraduates enrolled in at least six credit hours.
- Students CANNOT be employed as research assistants through another OUR program.
- Students CANNOT be employed (earn personal pay) via two funding sources for the same RA position/project, even if one of them is non-OUR (e.g., an OUR RA and RA from a mentor’s grant).
- Students CANNOT already be employed through the PEP program. Students are only allowed one PEP position at any time.
- Students must complete a professional development experience and survey, final survey reflection, and present at the NC State Symposium matching their funding period.
- Before hiring is complete, the RA and mentor must sign a contract agreeing to the above requirements.
- Mentors must have a student in mind for the position before applying
- Position will be valued at $2,000 per academic year.
- Research Assistants will be paid $15 per hour.
- The WolfTime web-based time clock will be used by students to clock in and out for hours worked.
- Students will use Moodle Projects to access program information and requirements after being hired.
- Employment will end in the spring on the last day before exams.
- The OUR holds the right to inquire further about the position or reject an application if the project/work is not suitable (student engagement must contribute to a project in order to meet the requirements listed in the Overview section)
- A contract will be required that details the specific expectations and be signed by the student and mentor
Please email any questions you have to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a faculty mentor interested in having their own PEP positions, please have them reach out to Marion Zanga (email@example.com) in the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid for more information.