OUR Federal Work-Study Research Assistant Positions
The Office of Undergraduate Research through the Division of Academic and Student Affairs provides undergraduate research positions through the Federal Work-Study program up to the maximum of the student’s FWS award during an academic year.
Note: You do not have to apply for a specific job, with a specific mentor, etc. You can apply and the OUR will try its best to match you with a mentor/job.
Federal Work-Study Research Assistant Program
Must have a FWS Award through Financial Aid to be eligible to apply.
Application is OPEN &
will close end of September 2022.
- Students MUST be eligible for Federal Work-Study.
- Students MUST be undergraduates enrolled in at least six credit hours.
- The hiring process must be completed in order to receive the FWS award funding.
- Students must have a faculty mentor or expert in the research area to serve as their mentor.
- The student is required to present at the NC State Spring Symposium. Your work can be a work in progress.
- The student is required to complete a professional development activity each semester.
- The student will complete a final survey.
- Students may not receive a OUR research award during the same time as working as an OUR FWS RA.
- Students must use the online application [link below].
- Students do not have to have a mentor to apply.
- The Federal Work-Study financial aid award is not a lump sum award, but a paid job.
- Positions are typically valued at $1,500 – $2,000 per academic year.
- New hires are paid at $11 per hour, returning OUR FWS RA’s are paid at $12 per hour (effective Fall 2021).
- Students work on average 5-10 hours per week.
- The WolfTime web-based time clock is used by students to clock in and out for hours worked.
- Students will use Moodle Projects to access program information and requirements after being hired.
- A contract will be required that details the specific expectations and be signed by the student and mentor.
Please email any questions you have to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
The OUR uses a general job listing that is meant to encompass all colleges and disciplines for its posting within the Federal Work-Study Job site found in the MyPack Portal.