NC State Undergraduate Research & Creativity Symposium
April 26-27, 2022
Talley Student Union
Summer Symposium 2022
July 26-27, 2022
DH Hill Jr Library
Sidewalk Symposium 2022
Fall Semester TBD
2022 Spring Symposium
- Submissions are no longer being accepted for Spring 2022
2022 Spring Sidewalk Symposium
OUR seeks undergraduates of all majors who have been working on research, scholarly, and creative projects to participate by creating colorful visual presentations of their research using nothing but chalk.
- We are no longer accepting submissions for this event.
2022 Summer Symposium
- When: July 26-27, 2022
- There will be multiple hour-long sessions per day. Presenters are assigned to one hour.
- Scheduling will be done based on program/mentor (i.e., everyone working with Prof. Smith will present during an assigned hour)
- A schedule will be posted closer to the event when a firmer grasp on presenter numbers is obtained
- We need volunteers! If you’re interested in assisting with tasks, please fill out the volunteer form
- Where: DH Hill Jr Library
- Academic Success Center (Floor 2), North Forum (Floor 3), and Visualization Studio (Floor 3)
- All events will be IN PERSON
- Check in 20 minutes before your session at the check-in table
- Registration & mentor approval deadline – July 8 by noon (12:00pm)
- Registration will open June 20 – Register here
- If you are a mentor approving a submission, make sure to check your Spam folder if you don’t see the request in your inbox. If you can’t access the submission via the emailed link, log in to InfoReady, and click “Reviews” in the top menu bar.
- We encourage students from all disciplines/colleges to submit!
- It’s okay to not have a fully completed project – reach out to us for abstract help.
- Poster (physical and digital) presentations
- Physical posters 36×48 or 48×36
- NCSU branding – PPT Template
- Poster boards and stands will be provided by the OUR
- Poster printing deadline – submit by July 17 (with the OUR; you can also choose to print your poster on your own/with your college)
- The OUR will submit information (after July 8) to our printing partner, CALS. You will then receive information on how to submit and print through CALS.
- Students are strongly encouraged to submit posters early – we will have a few hundred students printing posters!
- We encourage students to attend multiple sessions and support your fellow researchers!
- We welcome family, friends, or other to attend and support our researchers.