OUR Paid Research Assistant Positions
Note: The OUR RA Program application for Spring 2023 is now CLOSED. If you're looking for other research opportunities, please meet with us! Information about Summer 2023 positions will be distributed in April.
Please review the requirements at the bottom of the page before getting started.
To apply, click the link below to view the posting in ePACK. From there, click the "apply now" button and complete the Google form with the requested information. When we receive your application, we’ll review the described work, confirm with your mentor, and then send a contract that both you and your mentor will sign. Upon receipt of the contract, you will be hired as a research assistant under the OUR.
Note: This is only one option for getting involved with research. We encourage you to speak with the OUR about other opportunities that might work for you!
OUR Research Assistant Position
- Students must already have a confirmed mentor. The OUR will not match you with a mentor for this position. If you would like assistance with finding a mentor, please review this page on our website or meet with an OUR ambassador or staff member.
- Students must apply on ePACK and complete all application materials.
- Students CANNOT be currently employed as research assistants through the FWS or PEP programs. If you hold a non-RA FWS or PEP position, you can still apply. Students cannot be enrolled in an REU and have an RA position.
- Students CANNOT be employed (earn personal pay) via two funding sources for the same RA position/project, even if one of them is non-OUR.
- Students must be currently enrolled as undergraduate students at NC State during the semester employed.
- Students must complete a professional development experience and survey, final survey reflection, and present at the NC State Spring Symposium.
- A mentor cannot hire more than two students through this program. If a mentor has additional students seeking funding, they are encouraged to review alternative opportunities provided by the OUR or their grants.
- Before hiring is complete, the RA and mentor must sign a contract agreeing to the above requirements.
- Research Assistants will be paid $15/hour.
- Students hired as an OUR RA cannot work more than ten hours per week.
- The WolfTime web-based time clock will be used by students to clock in and out for hours worked.
- Students will use Moodle Projects to access program information and requirements after being hired.
- Employment will end on the last day of the semester.
- You can review the contract for the position here: OUR RA Contract
- In the application, you will be asked to provide some basic information, as well as a brief description of the work/project and how you will contribute to it (a few sentences; we need to know you will be working towards a presentable project and actively engaged with the research). The OUR holds the right to inquire further about the position or reject an application if the project/work is not suitable.
- While there can be more than one student per mentor, the OUR may cap the number of positions per mentor to ensure shared participation of colleges/disciplines.
Please email any questions you have to the office at email@example.com