If you are interested in doing research outside the United States, there are several options to explore.
Research Abroad through NC State
We encourage students to work jointly with the Study Abroad Office and the Office of Undergraduate Research to help provide the best experience for research abroad. Some of the experiences can provide course credit in addition to the research experience.
- Bahamas: Conservation Biology on Andros Island
- Galapagos Islands: Equatorial Zoology and Medicine
- Mexico: Water Supply and Treatment in Low Resource Settings (WaSH)
- Namibia: Wildlife Aerial Observatory
- Uganda: Global Health
Research Abroad through External Organizations
- DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service for Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- EURO Scholars – European Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Pasteur Institute
- Arcadia University – Arcadia Abroad (upcoming projects)
- The U.S. Department of State’s Gilman Scholarship