The Office of Undergraduate Research [OUR] is pleased to provide all students, faculty and staff the opportunity to become a member of CUR free of charge. The individual CUR membership is provided through the NC State University Enhanced Institutional Membership. The membership is paid for by the Office of Undergraduate Research in support of the mission of research at NC State.
CUR Membership is designed to assist faculty, administrators, researchers, staff, and students in their efforts to develop, enhance, sustain, and support undergraduate research on their campuses and beyond. We look forward to your participation in this vital network, as CUR’s diverse membership works together to advance undergraduate research across the nation and around the world.
- Add membership affiliation on your CV/Resume and graduate school applications.
- Various funding opportunities to present at discipline conferences.
- Access to the members only website. The website contains information such as funding resources, annotated bibliographies of key references on undergraduate research topics, webinar archives, advocacy, and much more.
- Access to CUR’s Undergraduate Researchers Registry. The registry facilitates matchmaking between undergraduates with research experience and graduate schools seeking high quality students.
- Access to the CUR mentor network. The mentor network matches individuals seeking information about undergraduate research programs with experienced, tenured CUR faculty mentors.
- An electronic subscription to CUR Quarterly, the highly-regarded journal focusing on topics related to undergraduate research. Access is also available to the CUR Quarterly Archives.
- A monthly subscription to CUR E-News, the electronic newsletter addressing current issues in undergraduate research. The newsletter includes topics such as government and policy news from headquarters, as well as updates on future programs and meetings. You may additionally subscribe to other newsletters such as This Week in Washington or Deadlines and Upcoming Events.
- Substantial discounts on CUR publications and registration to CUR events, such as the CUR Biennial Conference, the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) and other CUR Institutes.
- The ability to submit a highlight of published research for inclusion in the Undergraduate Research Highlights published in SPUR and on the CUR website.
- Discounts for events, publications, and services
- Inside information on government relations, funding opportunities, and breaking news.
- Substantial discounts on CUR Institute registration fees and CUR meeting registration fees, as well as discounts on CUR publications.
- Access to CUR’s online archive of webinar recordings and materials.
- Participation in the annual Posters on the Hill event. This highly competitive event brings 60 students with their faculty mentors each year to Washington, DC, to present their research on Capitol Hill. CUR membership is required for student-faculty teams to apply.
- Press releases from your institution on activities related to CUR’s mission can be posted on your behalf to Newswise, a daily wire sent to more than 4,000 journalists.
- Subscriptions to Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research (SPUR) and access to the searchable archive featuring scholarly work that examines effective practices and novel approaches, explores pedagogical models, and highlights the results of assessment of undergraduate research. Members are encouraged to submit articles to SPUR for consideration.
After you enter your name and title, please be sure to select the ‘Name of your institution’ from the drop down using North Carolina State University.
It should alert you to the fact that your membership is covered, and then will prompt you to continue to add your contact information.Once your membership is processed, you will receive a confirmation email.