Travel Award Application
STEP ONE: Students must complete and submit online the OUR Travel Award Application form below.
- You will need a copy of your acceptance from the conference to attach to the form below. This should be a pdf copy of the email you received.
- You will need a copy of your abstract that was accepted. (Word or PDF file)
- You will need to complete an AP104-Non-Employee-Travel-Authorization. (enable macros when downloading form) and attach to the form below as an Excel file.
- Please use your student ID as the “Vendor Number”
- Contact Information should be someone to contact in case of emergency and not yourself
- Make sure you list in dollar amounts estimated travel expenses (Vehicle Rental not allowed)
- Electronically sign the form where indicated
- The Office of Undergraduate Research will sign under the Department Head signature line.
- International students please see note at bottom of page before submitting AP104 Form.
- International Travelers! You will need a copy of your International Gateway email confirmation in PDF format. http://go.ncsu.edu/internationaltravelgateway
Have your mentor send a recommendation letter explaining the nature of the meeting and why it is appropriate for you to attend this meeting. It can be an informal and simple email or letter on letterhead whichever the mentor prefers; we do not have a template for this letter. It is acceptable to have the letter come from the OUR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR Travel Award Application
The Office of Undergraduate Research through the Division of Academic & Student Affairs (DASA) may provide Travel Awards of up to a maximum of $700 (amounts may vary) to current (active/enrolled) NC State University undergraduate students to formally present their undergraduate research at a regional, national and/or international conference. This is a rolling review process.
International Travel Gateway
Effective summer 2017 travel, all students engaging in university-affiliated, non-credit international travel will be required to submit their itinerary to the International Travel Gateway. If you receive an OUR Travel Award and are traveling outside of the United States, you have to use the International Travel Gateway.
How to Log Your Travel
- Please visit: http://go.ncsu.edu/internationaltravelgateway
- Log in using your Unity ID and password
- Select your travel dates and add your destination(s)
- Provide emergency contact information, and your reason for NC State-affiliated travel
- Read and sign the liability waiver
- Click Submit
ATTN INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
In order to prevent a delay in processing your award, please make sure you read the following and follow the directions on the AP104 Form as shown below!
AP104 Form: See line 12 and when you mark ‘yes” Line 13 reads:
Traveler must contact the Controller’s Office Tax Specialist, Dwaine Cook, at email@example.com and discuss the travel plans. Please attach the communication received back from the Specialist indicating whether the University can pay travel expenses for the traveler and whether travel payments (prepayments/reimbursements) are taxable to the traveler.