Registration for the
Summer 2021 Symposium
Closed on July 16th at 12 pm (Noon)
The poster event will be held in person at Hunt Library on July 29th with online viewing of all presentations available as well on the 29th.
To register for the spring or summer Symposium, you’ll need to log into InfoReady using your Shibboleth login. The registration system will guide you through the process and should be easy to navigate. Please note the following while registering:
- You must log into InfoReady using your Shibboleth login (NC State Unity ID and email)
- Provide information on the lead student author and any other undergraduate presenters of a group (if applicable)
- Groups/Teams: Select 1 student to act as lead for registration (only list undergraduate students as team members)
- Only 1 submission per Unity ID accepted due to space limitations. Students who are presenting an individual project and a team project should have a different team member serve as the lead presenter.
- Participants in summer REU and research programs are expected to register with their NC State email address and login credentials.
- Use title case capitalization
- Example: Textiles as an Economic Driver in the State of North Carolina
- Maximum 250 word description of the project or exhibit
- Can only contain text (no imported formulas, pictures, etc)
- Please do not bold any part of your abstract or use all capital letters
Provide information on the primary mentor and any co-mentors
- NC State Mentors: Must use Unity ID email address (example: email@example.com – do not use firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Non-NC State Mentors: Provide a valid email address
Important: The first mentor you enter cannot be changed. Make sure you enter the lead mentor first before other mentors (such as grad and Post-doc mentors)
Select one of the following formats:
- Exhibit, Performance, or Demonstration
- Arts, Design, Textiles, Music, Theater etc…
- Your primary mentor will receive an email to approve your abstract
- The abstract must be approved online by the deadline for the registration to be marked as complete. No extensions or exceptions will be made.
Presentation Material Submission
After your abstract submission has been approved you will be sent the link to Symposium by ForagerOne where you will complete the registration process by uploading your presentation materials. This must be done by the deadline to be included in the event, no extensions or exceptions will be made due to the tight turn around time for the OUR.
- Poster: Poster / Slides (PDF + Video)*
- Upload a PDF of your poster. PDF must be no more than 10MB in size. If your file exceeds this limit, you can compress the file to reduce its size. We recommend Smallpdf.com or another online tool to compress your file if necessary. Please upload your 2 minute poster overview video to YouTube and paste the link in the Symposium form (only YouTube links will be supported). Please make the YouTube video settings as UNLISTED.
- Oral (Video) Presentation Video Link*
- Please upload your oral presentation to YouTube and paste the link in the Symposium form (only YouTube links will be supported). Please make the YouTube video settings as UNLISTED.
- Exhibit, Performance, or Demonstration (Video + Video)*
- Please upload a video of your exhibit or performance to YouTube and paste the link in the Symposium form (only YouTube links will be supported). Please make the YouTube video settings as UNLISTED.
- Read detailed information on Presentation Formats by going to https://undergradresearch.dasa.ncsu.edu/symposium/presentation-formats/
- Please see the FAQ page for specific information and/or restrictions of the event
The Office of Undergraduate Research is committed to providing universal access to all of our events. Please contact Heather King at email@example.com to request disability accommodations. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs. This event will have live closed captioning.