SNCURCS (State of NC Symposium) – November 14th
State of North Carolina Undergraduate Research & Creativity Symposium (SNCURCS)
High Point University – Saturday November 14, 2015
Each fall NC State undergraduate students are selected to attend the State of North Carolina Undergraduate Research and Creativity Symposium. (Please note there is no symposium held on NC State campus in the Fall).
OUR will cover registration cost and provide transportation for NC State Presenters* to attend this years SNCURCS
If you are presenting and wish to have transportation provided please complete the Google Form. DEADLINE TO RESERVE A SEAT IS 10/30/2015 (see bottom of page for more information)
*including team members
SNCURCS will be charging a $35 registration fee per person to all who plan to attend, presenters and non-presenters alike. This fee will be used to cover event costs, which includes a light breakfast and lunch voucher.
Registration for Presenters ONLY (including team members):
- The OUR will be covering the $35 registration costs for NC State students who are selected to attend the event as a presenter, including team members.
- Your abstract must be submitted and approved prior to registering for the event.
- Once your abstract is submitted and approved you will need to register online. Please use the example and/or follow these instructions:
SNCURCS Registration – Confirmation Example
- Go to http://sncurcs.org/registration/
- Fill in registration fields as laid out on line
- Under “Register for SNCURCS as” please select College/University Group.
- SKIP the Group Registration Form (The OUR will take care of completing the form for all presenters)
- Select Check as form of payment (DO NOT PAY REGISTRATION*)
- Click Submit and you will receive an email confirmation with your responses.
- If you will need transportation to SNCURCS, OUR will be providing bus service for presenters/co-presenters. Please sign up here to be added to the bus list (you must have a NCSU Unity ID to sign up).
*Please do not pay the registration fee as the OUR will pay for presenter registrations directly to High Point University and will not reimburse students directly.
Registration for Non-Presenters (including faculty mentors):
- If you wish to attend the event as a non-presenter you may Register Here as an individual registration.
- The OUR will not be covering costs for registrations of faculty members, staff, or students wishing to visit the event.
- See the SNCURCS website for addition information using the link above.
Transportation Information (for presenters only):
There are 54 seats available on the bus so be sure to reserve a spot by the deadline. After the deadline date we will not be able to guarantee transportation if the bus fills up. Pick Up will be at the McKimmon Center parking lot at 6:00 am and return will be approximately 6:30pm at the McKimmon Center parking lot.
The bus will depart McKimmon Center at 6:15am, please arrive around 6 am to ensure that you get on the bus prior to the departure time. Look for the Holiday tour bus on the far right side of the parking lot (facing McKimmon Center from Gorman Street). Dr. Chris Ashwell will be there to assist you if needed and will be your NC State contact throughout the day.
McKimmon Bus – Parking Map
For more details about SNCURCS please visit the SNCURCS website. Thank you!
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INFORMATION (NOW CLOSED!)
(Please note, Abstract Submission and Registration are separate processes and abstract submission does not register you for the event.)
- Review the step by step process online prior to starting submission. CLICK HERE-Abstract-Submission-Preview
- An abstract is a concise paragraph summary of your research project or creative work totaling 200 words or less
- Only one abstract per student will be accepted
- You may present a poster, oral presentation or exhibit
- It should include your research question, a brief description of the methods used to explore that question, and the highlights of your results and conclusions. The abstract paragraph should not include the title of your project, or any names and references.
- Once you begin the Abstract Submission process, you will receive a login and password from the site. Please use this login and password every time you return to the Abstract Submission portal. This will allow you to save your progress as you go, and prevent any duplicate submissions under your name.
- All communication between SNCURCS and participants will be conducted through the email addresses you provide in the Abstract Submission process.
- After previewing the SNCURCS Abstract Submission Preview link above, click on this Abstract Submission link to submit your abstract.
- DEADLINE: October 16, 2015 (mentors have until 10/21/15 to approve)
- Click Here! To go to SNCURCS site for more information and instructions.
Share this post