Undergraduate Research Abroad
Students are not limited to only doing research at NC State University or in the United States. It is possible to combine an international learning experience with research. We encourage students to work jointly with the Study Abroad Office and the Office of Undergraduate Research to help provide the best experience for research abroad. Some of the experiences can provide course credits in addition to the research experience.
The Study Abroad Office maintains a listing of over 65 Study Abroad opportunities that have a research component. There are also public and privately organized opportunities for students to do research abroad. Some of our NC State University faculty members also arrange summer research experiences abroad. The following links are examples of opportunities available to students. Watch deadlines since most are prior to February.
Research Abroad through NC State Faculty:
- Chemistry Research Study Abroad – Zhejiang University
- Summer Ethnographic Field School in Guatemala
- Bahamian Conservation Biology: Andros Island Summer Reserach Study Abroad
- Hangzhou China Physical Chemistry & Research
- Global Plant Health Research Internship in Costa Rica
- Thailand Archeological Field School Summer Research Study Abroad
- Australia – South Queensland – Sustaining Human Societies and the Natural Environment
Research Abroad through Organizations: