These positions are open to both FWS eligible students and non-FWS students.
- Attend and present at student organization and classroom talks, Experience NC, OUR Open House at Wolfpack Welcome Week, University Open House and other on campus events
- Hold office hours within the OUR where students will be able to stop in to talk and ask questions of the Ambassadors with regards to undergrad research
- Bridge mentor relations and build partnerships within their College
- Various other tasks will be available for students who are interested, such as serving on the peer review team for the statewide undergraduate research journal
- A current undergraduate student enrolled at NC State
- Be in good academic standing
- At least 1 full year of undergraduate research experience at NC State University
- Actively conducting research
- Commit to attending training on Saturday August 24, time TBD
- Good oral and written communication skill
- Ability to present effectively and communicate to varying audiences
- The ability to be self-motivated, friendly and relatable
- Willingness and ability to actively participate
Candidates who are eligible for Federal Work Study will be hired as a work study bi-weekly student employee.
Those students who are not FWS eligible will be provided a stipend of $300 per semester.
- Experience in public relations (meeting people, public speaking, representing the OUR), which develops the skills and confidence vital to success in job interviews and career advancement
- Opportunity to work with and learn from DASA Administrators
- Broaden contacts among faculty, staff, students, and administration for help on campus and references upon graduation
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Confidence through inspiring and motivating others
We ask that you provide a cover letter and resume/cv as part of this application. The OUR will be conducting interviews and will be looking to fill 5-10 positions and maintain those each semester. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Heather King in the OUR at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-513-0095.