This page does not apply to the virtual format. Please see the virtual symposium page for virtual presentation information
- Presentations are limited to 15 minutes including question and answer period
- Practice your talk ahead of time. Make sure you can effectively present your topic in 10 – 12 minutes and leave 3 – 5 minutes for questions
- Oral presentation sessions will have a moderator who indicates when you have five minutes left and one minute left
- Use NC State brand template for your Power Point presentation. https://brand.ncsu.edu/downloads/
- Bring your PowerPoint file(s) with you on a USB drive. You cannot log onto your university account to retrieve any files.
- You must arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start of the oral session
- For example: If you are the third presenter in a session that starts at 11:00 a.m., you must arrive no later than 10:55 a.m.
Creative Works Exhibits:
- The symposium will provide those with creative or visual projects to a space to display their projects
- Students within the arts, textiles and design programs, for which a poster presentation format does not accurately convey the project, will be accepted present their work as an creative arts exhibit
- The number of exhibits/projects will be limited due to space. It may be necessary for the OUR to select a limited number of exhibits and registration does not guarantee participation.
- Those not selected to present as an exhibit may choose to create a poster presentation and present in that format
- Projects should be a visual art and/or design projects. (Projects will typically come from the College of Design and/or the College of Textiles, but are not limited to these colleges)
- Projects which do not use engineering design process or scientific method
- Projects must be able to be set up the day of the event and taken down at the end of the event
- Projects should take up no more than 1.5 meters x 1.5 meters (5’x5′) of floor space. All displays must be freestanding or able to sit on a 5’ table
- Exhibits will not be able to be hung, nor suspended from any walls or ceilings
- A foam board (3’x4′) and easel will be provided if needed
- There will limited spots with electricity available in exhibit location
At this time we are unable to accommodate performances or performance art