NC State University Annual Symposium
- The NC State SPRING Undergraduate Research and Creativity Symposium will be held annually in April at the Talley Student Center
- Please see the Register for NC State Symposium page for upcoming dates
- There will be two sessions of presentations for posters, orals and artistic and design exhibits.
- Registration open to all undergraduate NC State University students that have worked with NC State mentors OR who have worked with faculty at other colleges and universities
- Optional judging: Judged by College and Discipline representatives
- The top presentations, as selected by the judges, will receive a certificate and are invited to a reception by the local chapter of Sigma Xi
- The NC State SUMMER Undergraduate Research Symposium will be held in annually in late July or early August at the Talley Student Center
- Go to the Register for NC State Symposium page for upcoming dates
- Two sessions randomly divided by even and odd poster numbers
- The symposium registration is open to:
- all NC State undergraduate students OR
- undergraduate students that have worked with NC State mentors OR
- participants in formal undergraduate research programs at NC State University (ie Summer REU’s)
- Check the Register for NC State Symposium page for registration instructions (with opening and closing dates and times)
- Please see the FAQ Page for answers to most common questions, event information and restrictions
Creative Works Exhibits
- The symposium will provide those with creative or visual projects to display their projects
- Students within the arts, textiles and design programs, for which a poster presentation format does not accurately convey the project, will be accepted present their work as an exhibit
- The number of exhibits/projects will be limited due to space. It may be necessary for the OUR to select a limited number of exhibits and registration does not guarantee participation.
- Those not selected to present as an exhibit may choose to create a poster presentation and present in that format
- At this time we are unable to accommodate performances or performance art
- Projects should be a visual art and/or design projects. (Projects will typically come from the College of Design and/or the College of Textiles, but are not limited to these colleges)
- Projects which do not use engineering design process or scientific method
- Projects must be able to be set up the day of the event and taken down at the end of the event
- Projects should take up no more than 1.5 meters x 1.5 meters (5’x5′) of floor space. All displays must be freestanding or able to sit on a 5’ table
- Exhibits will not be able to be hung, nor suspended from any walls or ceilings
- A foam board (3’x4′) and easel will be provided if needed
- There will limited spots with electricity available in exhibit location
- The OUR supports and attends the State of North Carolina Undergraduate Research and Creativity Symposium every November in lieu of holding a symposium on NC State’s campus.
- If you are looking to present in the fall please go to the SNCRUCS page on this website or the official site at www.sncurcs.org.