There are many undergraduate research symposia and discipline specific conferences and meetings that include undergraduate research presentations. The following is just a few of the opportunities for students to share their research results! OUR encourages you to consider presenting your work in multiple venues.
The Office of Undergraduate Research at NC State provides Travel Grants to assist in funding travel to present your research at a national discipline meeting or conference. Students must apply for these grants and they are not guaranteed, please look at the requirements to receive an OUR travel awards.
Examples of Other Opportunities:
- NCUR – (National Conference of Undergraduate Research) The National Conferences on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), established in 1987, is dedicated to promoting undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity in all fields of study by sponsoring an annual conference for students. Unlike meetings of academic professional organizations, this gathering of young scholars welcomes presenters from all institutions of higher learning and from all corners of the academic curriculum. (NC State University is an “Enhanced Member” of NCUR and CUR.)
- NCORE (National Conference on Race and Ethnicity) The NCORE® conference series constitutes the leading and most comprehensive national forum on issues of race and ethnicity in American higher education. The conference focuses on the complex task of creating and sustaining comprehensive institutional change designed to improve racial and ethnic relations on campus and to expand opportunities for educational access and success by culturally diverse, traditionally underrepresented populations.
- Sigma Xi Undergraduate Research Conference
Outstanding high school, undergraduate, and graduate students are invited to join research scientists from North America and abroad for a celebration of research accomplishments hosted by Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society, the global honor society for science and engineering research.
- Sigma Xi Student Research Showcase Join undergraduate, graduate, and advanced high school students as they compete for awards in recognition of outstanding virtual research presentations.
- CUR Posters on the Hill As the undergraduate research community works to ensure that those in the U.S. Congress have a clear understanding of the research and education programs they fund, nothing more effectively demonstrates the value of undergraduate research than a student participant’s words, work, and stories. Undergraduate research must be among the programs that members of Congress understand if it is to continue to be supported, and to grow.
- CUR REU Symposium This conference will feature keynote presentations, presentations by students from REU programs in all disciplines, sessions for REU students, faculty, and administrators, and opportunities to present to representatives from the National Science Foundation and other government agencies.
- BCUR (British Conference of Undergraduate Research) The British Conference of Undergraduate Research promotes undergraduate research in all disciplines. The Conference meets annually every Spring in a different British university. Undergraduates of all levels are invited to submit papers, posters, workshops and performances to the Conference. Abstracts are peer-reviewed and those accepted will be invited to attend the conference. Conference fees are usually paid by the student’s own university. BCUR also accepts submissions from students outside of the UK. The call for papers is usually published in the autumn.
- SACNAS (Chicano/Hispanic and Native American scientists) Interdisciplinary. Highly Interactive. Transformative. The SACNAS National Conference motivates, inspires and engages participants to achieve their highest goals in pursuing education and careers in STEM fields. Conference programming is specifically tailored to support undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and career professionals at each transition stage of their career as they move towards positions of science leadership.
- The National Collegiate Research Conference (NCRC) is a platform for undergraduates from across the nation to share their interest in research. NCRC promotes the growth of a national undergraduate research community by facilitating communication, collaboration, and identity for undergraduate students in the global research sphere.