ACC AC Fellowships
The ACCAC Fellows Program in Creativity and Innovation supports undergraduates involved in student-driven projects at each of the ACC member campuses. Annually, each university receives $12,500 and agrees to award between two and five ACCAC Fellowships. Students wishing to apply should have a mentor identified for the research, prepare a research proposal, and complete a budget of expenses related to the research.
This program directly connects undergraduate students to core ACC university missions of creativity and innovation. The ACCAC Fellows Program in Creativity and Innovation represents the conference’s excellence in, and commitment to, quality undergraduate education.
Criteria for awards include, but are not limited to:
- Intellectual risk
Projects supported may include team-driven activities or individual projects, multi-university ventures, artistic endeavors, videos, and creative projects abroad.
- Originality, Creativity, Innovation and Intellectual Risk (strength of originality and the unique approach of the work)
- Experimentation (Details of the experimental goals, design, methods and expected results)
- Evidence of how the results will be used; appreciation for the value of research in the chosen discipline
- The research/creative effort must occur during the summer.
- A final report of the research must be received by August of the summer in which research was conducted. Students must be able to complete this requirement in order to consider applying for the fellowship.
- Connections between the project and candidate’s curricular interest
A strong independent focus is expected but it may involve multi-college or multi-university ventures, artistic endeavors, or research or creative projects. Projects supported may include team-driven activities or individual projects, multi-university ventures, artistic endeavors, videos, and creative projects abroad. Projects may be done at NC State University, abroad, or other locations.
(READ AND FOLLOW STEPS BELOW: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED)
Call for Submissions: NOW OPEN!
- Submit Online Application (this is the same application and process for OUR Summer Grants)
- Included in the online application, you will need to:
- Upload the 2017 Summer and ACCAC Fellowship Proposal Form and
- Provide Budget information online before the deadline.
- Recommendation by the research mentor (mentor’s assessment of the student’s qualifications and drive to complete the project); submitted by the mentor separately via a link provided on the online proposal submission website.
- The OUR will will identify candidates from the Summer 2017 pool of candidates who’s projects best fit the criteria of the ACC AC listed above.
- Awards announced typically in late April/May
- Please refer to the Summer 2017 page for detailed instructions regarding the online submission