Please review the requirements and restrictions prior to applying for a OUR travel award.
The Office of Undergraduate Research will accept Research Travel Applications for travel occurring in the Spring 2019 semester only. We are unable to approve any additional requests for funding for travel within the fall 2018 semester.
STEP ONE: Students must complete and submit online the OUR Travel Award Application form below.
- You will need a copy of your acceptance from the conference to attach to the form below. This should be a pdf copy of the email you received.
- You will need a copy of your abstract that was accepted. (Word or PDF file)
- You will need to completed a AP104-Non-Employee-Travel-Authorization. (enable macros when downloading form) and attach to the form below as Exel file.
- Please use your student ID as the “Vendor Number”
- Contact Information should be someone to contact in case of emergency and not yourself
- Make sure you list in dollar amounts estimated travel expenses (Vehicle Rental not allowed)
- Electronically sign the form where indicated
- The Office of Undergraduate Research will sign under the Department Head signature line.
- International students please see note at bottom of page before submitting AP104 Form.
- International Travelers! You will need a copy of your International Gateway email confirmation in PDF format. http://go.ncsu.edu/internationaltravelgateway
Have your mentor with whom you worked with on the research, send recommendation letter explaining the nature of the meeting and why it is appropriate for you to attend this meeting. It can be an informal and simple email or letter on letterhead which ever the mentor prefers; we do not have a template for this letter. It is acceptable to have the letter come from non-NC State faculty if you conducted research at a different institution. Send to Heather King at email@example.com
For additional information about OUR travel awards, contact Heather King at firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: In order to prevent a delay in processing your award, please make sure you read the following and follow the directions on the AP104 Form as shown below!
AP104 Form: See line 12 and when you mark ‘yes” Line 13 reads:
|Traveler must contact the Controller’s Office Tax Specialist, Dwaine Cook, at email@example.com and discuss the travel plans. Please attach the communication received back from the Specialist indicating whether the University can pay travel expenses for the traveler and whether travel payments (prepayments / reimbursements) are taxable to the traveler.|