National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
Montana State University
March 26-28, 2020
This gathering of student scholars welcomes presenters from all institutions of higher learning and from all corners of the academic curriculum. Through this annual conference, NCUR creates a unique environment for the celebration and promotion of undergraduate student achievement; provides models of exemplary research, scholarship, and creative activity; and helps to improve the state of undergraduate education. (https://www.cur.org/what/events/students/ncur/)
Abstract Submission Opens Monday, September 30, 2019
Abstract Submission Deadline Friday, December 6, 2019, 11:59 pm MST
Faculty-Administrator Network (FAN) Submission Deadline Friday, December 6, 2019, 11:59 pm MST
Notification of Decision on Abstracts Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Online Registration Opens Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Deadline for Early Conference Registration Friday, February 21, 2020
Deadline for Late Conference Registration Friday, March 13, 2020
Payment Deadline Monday, March 23, 2020
NCUR 2019 Conference Wednesday March 25 – Saturday March 28, 2020
APPLY NOW! Do Not wait for NCUR acceptance.
Last day to apply for NCUR Travel: January 13, 2020*
*[Date changed on 12/9/19 due to number of submissions already received as well as the notification date set by NCUR host.]
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) will cover most travel expenses for up to a maximum of 12 NC State undergraduate projects/students that are accepted to present at NCUR 2020, including airfare, lodging, and transportation to and from the host airport to conference/hotel. Most meals are provided by the conference itself, all other food expenses will be the responsibility of the student.
Students who receive travel awards from the OUR will be asked to sign a contract and as such agree to all of the requirements of the award as listed below. Estimated cost per student covered by the OUR will be $1,195.
- Travel on the flight booked by the OUR,
- Stay at the hotel booked by the OUR,
- Attend all non-social conference events [Plenary speakers, poster sessions, oral sessions, etc] and attend presentations given by their fellow NC State students,
- Attend a travel and information session on January 21, 2020 from 3-4pm in room Talley room 4270.
- Participate in mock presentation session on March 4, 2020 from 1:30-4:30pm in Talley room 3210. Students will be able to select a 10 minute presentation time slot and also stay an additional 30 minutes for a total of 40 minutes during the scheduled time.
- Use the University brand templates and color palette. These topics will be covered during the mandatory preparation meeting mentioned above.
These awards will be based on a couple factors such as previous funding received by the student to present at NCUR, order received of the NCUR 2020 award application, and funding availability; until the office has reached its maximum based on our budget. For this reason we recommend applying as soon as you submit your abstract to present. You will need to complete the application using this link: 2020 NCUR Travel Award Application
Apply Early for NCUR Travel Award!
You don’t have to wait for the acceptance notification from NCUR to apply for the NCUR travel award.
OUR NCUR Travel Award Application
Deadline to apply for NCUR Travel: January 29, 2020
Share this post