All abstracts must be submitted online through the link on the NCUR 2018 homepage. The link will be open Monday, October 2 through Tuesday, December 5. All primary submitters will need to create a new NCUR account. (You can do this by clicking on the “NCUR Account Portal” from the navigation bar on the homepage.)
Notification will begin around Tuesday, January 23, 2018, and continue through middle of February. Should your abstract be accepted, you may register for the conference using the same login information.
1. Clearly state the central research question and/or purpose of the project.
2. Provide brief, relevant scholarly or research context (no actual citations required) that demonstrate its attempt to make a unique contribution to the area of inquiry.
3. Provide a brief description of the research methodology.
4. State conclusions or expected results and the context in which they will be discussed.
5. Include text only (no images or graphics)
6. Be well-written and well-organized.
The abstract word limit is now 300 words. This limit is more in keeping with the abstract guidelines for other conferences and academic societies. We are unable to make exceptions to this word limit.
(All the above information taken from CUR-NCUR website http://www.cur.org/conferences_and_events/student_events/ncur_2018/)
Note to students who have submitted to NCUR in previous years: A new NCUR account must be created each year. Information does not carry over from year to year. Create an account to submit abstract. See more guideline information at http://www.cur.org/conferences_and_events/student_events/ncur_2018/abstract_guidelines/NCUR 2018 Abstract Submission
FUNDING – TRAVEL
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) will cover some travel expenses for up to a maximum of 10-12 NC State undergraduate projects/students that are accepted to present at NCUR 2018. Students who receive travel assistance from the OUR are required to travel and stay with OUR group at the hotel booked by our office, attend all non-social conference events [Plenary speakers, poster sessions, oral sessions, etc] and attend presentations given by their fellow NC State students.
Apply Early for NCUR Travel Grant! You don’t have to wait for the acceptance notification from NCUR
Students will need to complete the following by Monday January 22nd by 5pm in ordered to be consider for funding from the OUR:
- Complete the NCUR Travel Grant Form (BE SURE TO USE THIS FORM AND NOT THE REGULAR OUR TRAVEL GRANT FORM!)
- Complete a NCUR 18-AP104-Non-Employee-Travel-Authorization (emailed to email@example.com) Use your student ID for vendor number and be sure to electronically sign the form. The dates will be Tue. 4/3 (@4p RDU) to Sat. 4/7 (@9:35p RDU)
- Letter of recommendation from mentor (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
The OUR will not automatically cover travel for students accepted to present at NCUR; students must apply for NCUR travel funding from the OUR to cover travel related expenses associated with presenting at NCUR 2018using the steps above and receive an email award notification from our office.
These travel grants will cover registration fee, airfare, and hotel. Students will be responsible for food and transportation to and from RDU and any excursions and incidentals. Shuttle service from hotel to campus is provided by the host of NCUR.
Please note that the OUR will make all the travel arrangements for those students who are covered by the grant and the student should not pay registration, nor book their hotel or airfare on their own. The NCUR conference will provide transportation to/from hotel to conference as well as breakfast and lunch Thur, Fri and Sat.
Students receiving the OUR NCUR Travel Grant will be asked to attend a mandatory travel information session in February (Exact date and time TBD; will be 30-60 minutes)
Timeline for NCUR 2018
|Abstract Submission Deadline||Tuesday, December 5, 2017|
|Review of Submissions (rolling)||Tuesday, October 3, 2017 – Tuesday, January 9, 2018|
|FAN Submission Deadline||Tuesday, December 12, 2017|
|Abstract Decision Notifications begin and continue through middle of February||Tuesday, January 23, 2018|
|Online Registration Opens||Tuesday, January 23, 2018|
|Deadline for Early Conference Registration||Thursday, February 22, 2018|
|NCUR 2018 Pre-Conference Workshops||Wednesday, April 4, 2018|
|NCUR 2018 Conference||Wednesday, April 4-Saturday, April 7, 2018|
Share this post