Thanks to a joint effort by the Division of Academic and Student Affairs (DASA)- the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR)- and the North Carolina Science & Engineering Fair Foundation (NCSFF) Board of Directors, hundreds of top K-12 student researchers will be on campus to share their innovative projects on March 30, 2019 in the Talley Student Union. This will be the second year that the event has been hosted by NC State University. The student presenters will be selected from thousands of K-12 students from regional fairs across the state of North Carolina.
Special thank you to Dr. Mullen, Vice Chancellor and Dean, for providing a place for these students to Think and Do the Extraordinary at NC State!
Volunteers Needed! Looking for NC State students, faculty, and staff to help with the hundreds of things that go into making this event a success.
This event could not happen without the support of volunteers….the NCSEF and OUR invites you to volunteer to help with various aspects of the event, including Scientific Review Committee*, Display and Safety Reviewers*, Display and Safety Committee*, Awards Ceremony Set Up, Awards Preparation, General Volunteer, Photographers, and Registration Assistants please go to NCSEF Volunteer page for additional information and descriptions of the volunteer opportunities.Sign up as a volunteer for the 2019 NCSEF!
You Are Invited to Host a Table at the Information Fair
Host a table at the NCSEF where you can share information about your college or high impact practice, have demonstrations or activities, promote summer camps and schedule tours of your programs to hundreds of future engineers and scientists, grades 3-12.
- Exhibitor (that’s you!) should plan to check in by 9am and be there until at least 1pm.
- Free to NC State University colleges/departments and organizations.
- Tables will be set up in the main area of the 3rd floor where they will have the most foot traffic.
- Table linens will not be provided so bring your logo tablecloth!
- Colleges may have several departments represented; each at their own table.
- Anticipated attendance: 250 students grades 9-12th, 150 students grades 5-8th, and 100 students grades 3-5th. With over 1200 total students, parents and guests.
- Students love giveaways and activities; be creative!
- The NCSEF will have a Passport to Stem activity for students from 9a-12p. Students will be given a Passport and will need to collect passport stamps from tables that they visit. The NCSEF will then draw a winner from those students who completed the activity and will present them with a small prize (ie $25 Amazon gift card).
- The NCSEF will provide each table with pre-printed labels with your designated contact information which will serve as the passport stamp. Students will then get to keep those labels with your information.
- Set up for exhibitors will be from 9-9:30am and take down will be from 4-5pm
- Exhibitors may schedule tours or other activities for both students and parents. Students will be free for certain blocks of times based on the judging schedule. Think about a parent info session…parent’s will also have free time while their students are being judged.
Use the Google Form to sign up today! https://goo.gl/forms/6XshT52rMJvk8n7v2
Share this post