Coronavirus Impacts on Undergraduate Research
(Updated May 5, 2021)
The Office of Undergraduate Research is available both in person and virtually to students, faculty, and staff. We encourage all members of the NC State community to keep abreast of the university’s response to the coronavirus.
Guidelines for Undergraduate Research Involvement
As NC State ramps up operations for the summer and fall 201 semesters, undergraduates are eager to get back to their research projects that were largely put on hold during the pandemic. While undergraduate research had not stopped as a result of COVID-19, it had pivoted to focus on remote research activities.
The Office of Research and Innovation has announced: Beginning May 15, 2021 research restart submissions which involve undergraduate students in any classification (paid, working for program/project credit, volunteer based experience, etc) may be sent through the Research Restart Phase III-C Process and no longer require a special research exception. View updated guidelines on the research continuity webpage.
All undergraduate researchers working on campus must be approved by the mentor’s department/college research project approval process to ensure adherence to facility limitations, social distance requirements, and CDC guidelines.
Undergraduate researchers and workers are expected to follow all research restart guidelines and protocols.– ORI Undergraduate Researcher Guidelines
In general this summer and fall, undergraduates will be able to work as volunteer researchers under the current project approval process.
Please contact your research mentor to discuss if she/he has been approved to have undergraduates working on campus as research assistants. It is soley up to the PI/department to complete the required process.
Please contact the OUR if you have specific questions about undergraduate research by stopping by the office or emailing us at email@example.com.
- Staff and student ambassadors are available for one-on-one advising sessions via Zoom
- Click here for more information on how to schedule a meeting
- To schedule an information session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide date(s), time(s), estimated number of attendees, and any special requests for the presentation
- Suspended until further notice
SNCURCS – State of North Carolina Undergraduate Research & Creativity Symposium
- Will take place virtually in November (date TBD)
- Submission and registration deadlines will be provided as soon as they are made public
Share this post