The 13th Annual ACC Meeting of the Minds will be held at Boston College
April 6-8, 2018
“Each year, usually in late March or early April, 5-10 outstanding undergraduate researchers (accompanied by a faculty/staff member) from each ACC university gather at a host university to present their research, either verbally or as a poster. At most universities the student delegates are chosen through a refereeing process. To be invited to the conference is a real honor. Typically,
- The research is original, student directed, under the advisement of a faculty member.
- Abstracts of each research project are gathered in a conference brochure.
- Verbal presentations are grouped by broad subject matter categories. They involve 15 minutes of presentation followed by 5 minutes of discussion.
- Students presenting their research by poster typically “staff” their presentation and explain their research to other participants, both students and faculty.
- Plenary sessions involve both reflections on the importance of undergraduate research, highlights of research methodologies by distinguished faculty from the host university, and reflections on paths to graduate school and research careers.
- The conference begins with dinner on Friday and ends with lunch on Sunday.”
(Taken from the ACCIAC website http://acciac.org/undergraduate-research-symposium/)
NC State University’s OUR is looking for 6 students/projects to take to Boston College to present their original undergraduate research. Travel related expenses are covered for those students who are selected, courtesy of the ACCAC and NC State OUR.
For questions regarding the NC State application process please contact Heather King at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.513.0095
Please be prepared to provide general information and agree to acknowledgement statement on the application prior to starting, as well as the following:
A faculty letter of support on letterhead (project does not have to be completed at NC State, but letter of support from the faculty mentor for project is required) pdf or word doc emailed to email@example.com
Abstract (250 words / 2000 characters max)
Mentor information (Department and College)
Resume (optional, but recommended)
Deadline is February 7th 2018. This is a hard deadline and extensions will not be given.
Students who submitted an application will be notified of a decision by 2/24/2018
Share this post