Atlantic Coast Conference Inter-Institutional Academic Collaborative (ACCIAC) Fellowships
The ACCIAC Fellows Program in Creativity and Innovation supports undergraduates involved in student-driven projects at each of the ACC member campuses. NC State University awards five $2,500 ACCIAC Fellowships annually. Submissions deadline for 2015 will be coming soon!
The goal of this program is to directly connect undergraduate students to core ACC university missions of creativity and innovation. The ACCIAC Fellows Program in Creativity and Innovation represents the conference’s excellence in, and commitment to, quality undergraduate education.
- Originality, Creativity, Innovation and Intellectual Risk (strength of originality and the unique approach of the work)
- Experimentation (Details of the experimental goals, design, methods and expected results)
- Evidence of how the results will be used; appreciation for the value of research in the chosen discipline
- The research/creative effort must occur during the summer of 2015.
- A final report of the research must be received by August 14, 2015. Students must be able to complete this requirement in order to consider applying for the fellowship.
- Connections between the project and candidate's curricular interest
A strong independent focus is expected but it may involve multi-college or multi-university ventures, artistic endeavors, or research or creative projects. Projects supported may include team-driven activities or individual projects, multi-university ventures, artistic endeavors, videos, and creative projects abroad. Projects may be done at NC State University, abroad, or other locations. Projects selected for funding must submit a final report of the research by August 14, 2015.
Proposals will be solicited in early 2015 and awards announced by April 1, 2015.
- Submit Proposal on ACCIAC Proposal Form and Budget on the ACCIAC Budget Form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of 11:59 pm, date TBD.
- Recommendation by the research mentor (mentor’s assessment of the student’s qualifications and drive to complete the project); submittedby the mentor separately from the application to: email@example.com